Edited: September 30th, 2021.
The EcoVeloTour Program complies with the principles of GDPR. The six overall guiding principles are:
- Lawfulness, transparency and fairness
- Purpose limitation
- Data minimisation
- Storage limitation
- Confidentiality and integrity
How to contact the EVT Program
The data controller responsible for your personal information for the purposes of the applicable European Union data protection law is: European Cyclists' Federation, Rue Franklin, 28, 1000 Brussels, Belgium. Email: [email protected]
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information the EVT Program holds about you. Additionally, you have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it anymore, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out above.
Information we collect
In operating our website and smartphone application, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as the registration to the EVT Newsletter and the donations made to our PayPal account. Information collected in these cases contain your name, email address, and postal address if some cases.
- Location and activity information that you provide through using the EVT smartphone application. You may stop sharing your location data by adjusting your mobile device's location services settings. For instruction on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason, either by email or by other means.
Purposes of the processing of personal data
The information that we collect and store about you is primarily used to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information we collect about you:
- To analyse visits on our website and obtain statistics on the most popular EVT routes and countries by using Google Analytics. This processing is necessary for statistical purposes and is carried out in the public interest, in order to find out which EVT routes are the most popular ones and in which routes we should put more effort.
- To provide you with information requested from us and related to our services, or information on other activities which we feel may be of interest to you, if you have consented to receive such information. The basis of this processing is the consent given by users who sign up to our newsletter, and the email addresses processed are not used in any other way than this specific purpose.
- To provide geo-location functionality on the EVT smartphone application. The basis of this processing is the consent given by the user and the delivery of location-related services benefiting the user.
- To send you gifts after you have made a donation to us. The basis for this processing is the consent given when making the donation.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you. The basis for this processing is to perform the contract with you related to these activities or services.
- To notify you about any changes to our website or smartphone applications, such as improvements or service changes, that may affect our services.
You may find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
We do not sell any of your personal data. To be able to provide our services to you, we share data with third parties from the following categories:
- Third parties, which are involved in processing payments.
- Third parties, which provide professional services to us, e.g. advertising partners, web hosting providers, etc.
We may on occasion gather information regarding your computer whilst you are on our website. This enables us to improve our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers where appropriate.
Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
Storing your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on secure servers. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
We will keep hold of your data for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain it will depend on the nature of any contracts we have in place with you, the existence of your consent or our legitimate interests as a NGO.
Disclosing your Information
Where applicable and only if strictly necessary to provide our services to you, we may disclose your personal information to members of our organisation or our National EuroVelo Coordination Centres.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only.
The information is provided by EVT Program and we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of EVT. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, EVT takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Whilst EVT refers to a wide variety of countries, organisations and associations, EVT does not necessarily endorse or support their specific policies that fall outside the scope of cycling and transport.